Mrs Balbir cooks the British Ambassador's own recipe
What's cooking with Mrs Balbir? Join our Celebrity Chef Mrs Balbir as she cooks with H.E. Asif Ahmad, the British Ambassador to Thailand. In this episode she tries out the Ambassadors own recipe to make a delicious Chicken Tikka Thai Wrap on a bed of Green Mango Som Tum
"What's cooking with Mrs Balbir" is sponsored by Patak's.
In Thailand, Patak's is available in Tesco Supercenter, Central Food Halls, Tops Market, Gourmet Market at Paragon and Emporium, Home Freshmart The Mall, Foodland and Villa Market.
"Britian's favorite curry brand comes to Thailand" * *Data from Nielsen Great Britain MAT value sales level.
Chicken Tikka Thai Wrap on a bed of Green Mango Som Tum
Chicken Tikka Ingredients
½ cup yoghurt
4 teaspoons Patak's Tikka Paste
1 tablespoon lime juice 4 tomatoes
chopped 400g chicken skinless, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon salt
1. Put chicken in a large bowl, or divide between 2 large sealable plastic bags, and add yogurt mixture, stirring or turning to coat.
2. Marinate chicken, covered and chilled (turning occasionally if using bags), at least 4 hours, can be grilled, roasted in oven or placed on barbecue for 9-12 minutes. Green Mango Som Tum Ingredients
3 green mangoes, peeled and chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and slight crushed 1 chilli pepper
4 small tomatoes 1 tablespoon of peanuts 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 2 tablespoons lime juice 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl, then crush and mix them together.
Thai wrap preparation
6 rice papers
6 lettuce leaves
12 coriander sprigs
1. In a bowl of cool water, soak a rice paper until soften (about 10 seconds).
2. Lay rice paper out flat, starting with lettuce in the middle, on top with shredded chicken tikka, coriander sprigs (2 for each rice paper).
3. Fold over each end and tightly roll the rice paper. Cut nicely into 4 parts.
4. On a plate, put 6 pieces of Chicken Tikka Thai Wrap on a bed of Green Mango Som Tum, and then serve